North of Here
North of Here is a comic strip about politics, the human condition, life, the universe, and other things.
- Moose Lee: a moose, naturally, into healthy breakfast cereals and karate
- Augusta Lynx: a lynx, evidently, and a woman who believes in standing her ground
- Lemuel Lemming: a lemming, obviously, a sort of comic foil
- Thomas and Virginia Wolf and the cubs
- Nussmuk: a badger
- Strange W. Brush (The Boss): an officious chimpanzee
- Insain-Lee Bent-Lojjiq: a sociopathic camel
- Sodam Hassle: a corrupt cockroach
- Helva Burden: a pig who just loves oil
- The Foxes: a suspicious bunch
- Gross Dimbulb, a pig, right-wing radio talk show host
So why centered around a moose, and why up north somewhere? It's all because I became fascinated by the word "muesli", meaning a type of breakfast cereal, and that became "Moose Lee", a moose who appreciates healthy breakfast cereals and Karate, and, of course, mooses live up north.
A print compilation of North of Here . . . So Far
with running commentary. To order, please send $5.00 (postpaid) to John Knouse, PO Box 1196, Athens, OH 45701.
Feedback/contact: knousejohn *at* gmail *com*